Sunday, September 9, 2012

Flip Training Pants!

I LOVE these things! SP didn't grow up wearing cloth diapers. I think the reason I didn't do cloth diapers was how daunting it seemed. I felt it would be time consuming and expensive. I do have to say the start up cost of cloth diapers or cloth pull ups is expensive but worth it! I do not like doing laundry so when I found myself searching for cloth pull ups I had to ask myself, am I ready for the commitment? My answer: yes! I did LOTS of research when it came to finding the perfect cloth pull up. I wanted it to be one size fits all, I wanted the inserts to be absorbent, and I wanted the outer shell to be waterproof in case SP had an accident. In the beginning I wasn't having much luck and even considered buying cloth diapers. Since I wasn't having much luck I went on the Cotton Babies Facebook page and told them what I wanted, they suggested the Flip training pants would be my perfect match. Next step, reviews! Since my husband and I were making an investment I didn't want to order them and end up hating them. Of course the reviews were mixed but I found a majority of the reviews to be positive. What I wanted the training pants to be was like a cloth diaper but not as absorbent so SP could feel when he was wet. The training pants would replace the 2-3 diapers that we used a day. While waiting for my order to arrive I ran into a roadblock, cloth diapers and cloth pull ups had to have special laundry detergent...great. After selling the idea of cloth pull ups to my husband I didn't want to break the news that we had to order laundry detergent. So I called Cotton Babies and they gave me a brand that I could use that they sold at Walmart, well at our Walmart they didn't sell it! I called every natural food store in our area and no one sold the detergent! Then I remembered a friend telling me a children's store in our town sold cloth diaper detergent, so I went and purchased some! I prepped the inserts and the shell and I was so excited/nervous to use them. Flip said to wash the inserts 3-5 times in hot water, I washed them 3x's and washed the shell in hot water once. You have to line dry the shell because of the material but you can tumble dry the inserts, I decided not to. After reading reviews people said after they tumble dried their inserts they shrank, so I line dried the inserts. Now it was time to test them out! For nap time I only used one cloth insert. I was prepared that SP was going to wake up early because he was wet or leaked through, but he didn't! He did put up a little fight after we put the pull up on because he isn't used to cloth. There is a huge difference between disposable diapers and cloth! Next round...bedtime! This time I used two cloth inserts, I was worried that it was going to be too bulky and not fit right but I didn't have a problem and this time SP didn't mind wearing them and he didn't leak. I suggest to buy at least 12 inserts and 2-3 shells. We've only been using the Flip for a couple of days and I have to wash the inserts again. I love the product and I wish I would have used cloth diapers when SP was a baby, it wasn't as big of a commitment as I thought it was going to be. Product: Flip Training Pants Inserts: 100% Organic Cotton & Disposable Inserts (haven't used) Detergent: Rock in Green- Rock Hard (good if you have hard water)

No comments:

Post a Comment