Monday, January 10, 2011

Couch to 5k


After having my son I found it hard to find the drive to start running again. Before I got pregnant I ran 3 miles everyday without a problem, I remember it took me forever to reach my 3 mile goal but I did it! Around 15 weeks I was put on bed rest due to some minor complications so I wasn't able to workout and my doctor advised me to try a different form of exercise. I started working out on the elliptical everyday until the day I was induced. At my postpartum visits I would hound my doctor about working out and when he would let me...he said 6 weeks. Once 6 weeks rolled around I tried and my body wasn't ready, so on and off for the past 4 months I would try to run 3 miles and I wasn't able to. I started to get frustrated. I'm not one of those moms who say they don't have time or their child won't allow them to work out. I am in no way a couch potato but I needed a running schedule that would help me get back to my 3 mile runs. I came across couch to 5k. I started today and so far so good! I'm interested to see how well this program works and I'll be blogging weekly to see if its worth it. I copied the link for anyone who's not a runner but would like to be one.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

1 comment:

  1. I AM one of those moms who say their daughter won't let them work out... hahaha But it's getting nicer outside soon and she's big enough for a jogging stroller, so I think it's about time I stop using her as an excuse and start using her as part of my workout! I think the C25K program sounds great! Thanks for the suggestion and good luck--can't wait to see how you do with it!

    ReplyDelete