Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mommy Brain


Lately I feel like I can't stay on top of things. I am so forgetful I'll start doing something and as soon as I stop to do something else I can't remember what I was doing before! It's awful. I was told how forgetful I would get when I was pregnant and that is very true! But no one told me that the mommy brain stays after the baby is born. Some days I can't remember my name or what day of the week it is. I thought once I had my son that I would become more aware of things, but I was wrong. I used to be an amazing multitasker now I can barely do two things at once because the rolodex in my brain is going a thousand miles a minute. I make lists and write down things everywhere. One time I was looking for my phone and it was in my hand! I know a lot people make New Year resolutions about spending less, getting healthy, or leading a less stressful life but mine is to work hard to remember things and to become better a multitasking. I apologize if I haven't returned phone calls, text messages, or emails my brain has been out to lunch and I apologize again if I haven't been keeping in touch with you, I didn't fall of the face of the earth but with a little one it's hard to get out of the house, but give me some time and I'll be back to my normal self!

2 comments:

  1. Jackson is 18 months... and I still have mommy brain..but believe me, when push comes to shove, and Hubby gets deployed..you'll straighten up and remember, until you settle back into having him home again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a period in time when I didn't leave the house for like 2 weeks because I would always forget something. Don't worry, you'll find ways to remember things and work it out. I keep a planner and write everything that comes to mind in it.

    ReplyDelete