Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fixation

That's right! I'm a fixated shopper. It doesn't matter what it is, clothes, shoes, things for my husband or son if it's something that is perfect I can't live without it. This issue has been getting worse over the years and it comes and goes. I think go through fazes, sometimes I get fixated and within a couple hours I'm over it and there are other times where I see something and I can't get it out of my head, it's awful to be a fixated shopper. I'm the type of person who worries about finances each month and being a fixated shopper doesn't help. I'm not the type of fixated shopper who throws their family into debt or secretly has credit cards and buys things without thier spouse knowing, I'm open and honest. I don't get upset if I get fixated and I'm in the have to have it mode, I understand. Some may be wondering what I'm so fixated over that I'm blogging about it and my current fixation is....patio furniture. I know, to some it may sound ridiculous others know how I feel. Here's the story, my husband and I were buying plants and he went to sit down with our son and just happened to sit at the perfect and affordable patio set. I told him that I liked it and he agreed. So since then I can't stop thinking about it! My mom knows how I am and my sister. Once I obsessed over a fake plant at Pottery Barn and I had to have it, and did I purchase it? Yes! Being a fixated shopper and now that I have a baby, it's horrible. When I look at thhe price of the object I figure out how many boxes diapers we can buy, cans of formula, or other things I want to get my little boo boo and I immediately don't care. It doesn't matter if it's matter if it's the latest trend or if it's small or big, I'll always be a fixated shopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment