Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So Long Couch to 5k!

Six weeks ago I started the running program Couch to 5k, this running program is a great way to train yourself to run longer without feeling overwhelmed. I started off with a bang! But recently I've fallen off the wagon. With the Rio's weird cold spell and forgetting to check what I was suppose to run each day I decided that I wasn't going to continue. I am now going to run as far and long as I want to, I'm taking a break from running outside and I'm going to run on the treadmill and alternate outside and inside running.

What I've always been told running is all mental and I'm proud to say that I agree with that statement 100%. For some reason I always told myself that I couldn't run outside and after I had my son I started to run outdoors, which is harder then running on the treadmill. My son LOVES going for runs, he screams, naps, or will look around. I don't understand the recent mental block that I run better inside but I've decided if that's how I'm going to think I might as well run inside!

Another form of motivation is when I watch the Biggest Loser. These people are very overweight and are running on a treadmill so I have no excuse. Everyone can run, it's just mental and trying to find the motivation (believe me it's hard to stay driven.) So we'll see in the next few weeks how everything turns out. I have reached my goal of being able to run what I used to now it's training myself and my mind that I can run further. Run for distance or time, not both. I choose distance and I hope that with my positive attitude I'll be able to run 6 miles within the next 6-8 weeks. Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment