Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Day Shred...Ouch!


Before I had my little nugget I was a very active person. I ran every day, attended aerobics classes, taught aerobics classes, and ate right. Since having my son I've been having a hard time getting back into running, especially outside, I tell people I have runners ADD and I can't concentrate outside but if I were to run on a treadmill I could run for days. So when I was 8 weeks postpartum I decided to sign up my husband and I for the base 5k thinking that it would drive me to get back into running. Well...I was wrong! My nugget only lets me workout for a maximum of 20 minutes before he starts to cry and I finally set in to a pace right around 20 minutes. So what do I have to do? Go home! Feeling like I didn't get in a good workout I wondered how I could get back into shape to where I felt my muscles shake? I did a little research and came across Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, one word...amazing! I'm not a fan of at home work out DVD's, I felt like they never gave me the workout I was expecting, so I gave it a chance.

When I came home with my DVD I was so excited to start my workout, I purchased 5 pound weights but they tell you to buy 3 pound weights but me being the stubborn person I am I thought "what's two more pounds?!" So after my 20 minute workout I felt like jell-o and I was very satisfied with myself. I know I'm not in as good as shape as I used to be before I had my son and its going to take time but I'm VERY happy with my purchase and cannot wait to start seeing and feeling results. Too bad I didn't start sooner this would have come in handy for my 5k run of death this weekend, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to bust out my Jillian Michaels DVD... I do it about once a week (or lately once every other week) but it's about time to step it up!

    Good luck :) Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete