Saturday, December 11, 2010

5k!

A few weeks ago I signed up my husband and I for the base 5k! When I signed up I thought I was going to have no problem running 3 miles since I was an avid runner before my son. So I started training and I couldn't get past 1.5 miles, I started getting a little worried and considered dropping out. I talked to my husband and he said I shouldn't have any problems running the 5k and to stay signed up...so I did.

This morning was the 5k and of course little nugget wasn't in the best mood and I had a feeling we weren't going to be able to do the race, a few minutes into the run he fell asleep, thank goodness! I started settling into a pace and felt confident. Around the dreaded mile and a half I started to feel sick so we walked a couple minutes then continued running. Before I knew it we were nearing the finish line and I couldn't believe I ran a 5k. I finished at 37:04, not my best time but I know I have a long way to go.

The 5k was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to many more! A big thank to the gym and Nicole for all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment