Monday, December 6, 2010

Friendship

While living in Texas for the past 3 years away from my family and friends I've learned a lot about myself. I've learned that I can be domestic, independent, a multitasker, and I try to be best person and friend that I can be.

When Sawyer was born I vowed I wouldn't be the person who always shut themselves inside their house and would always be out and about, but its hard when you feel like you have to bring your whole life with you for a couple hours. What I've also learned is that friends come and go, especially in the AF.

I always strive to be a best friend to every person I meet but I now know that's not possible. I have friends who I totally feel comfortable with and can tell them anything, I have friends where we're not a close but as soon as we get together we can pick up from where we left off, and then I have friends where at times it can be a little awkward. But if I didn't have these three types of friends I wouldn't be who I am today. Being married to the AF and a pilot who works long hours I've had to rely on myself to make new friends and lately I've been having a hard time since having my little nugget. I have friends with kids where its easier because they understand when Sawyer has a meltdown and I have friends who don't have kids who bring me back to reality and show me how to have fun again. As my husband and I start to end our time in Texas I think of the people I'll meet along the way and the friendships I'll make and the current friendships that I have that will grow stronger and it makes me excited but also nervous. I've become so comfortable with my group of friends I wonder if at our next base I'll have the same experience. When I was younger I would take friendships for granted now being away from home and not knowing where we'll be next I cherish my friendships. Thank you girls who have made my time in Texas fly by and very memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment